KERN COUNTY, Calif., If you live, work in, or are visiting Kern County Mountain Communities (Zone(s) KRN-101, 115, 177, 527, 529, 531, 533, 535, 541, 565, 705, 707-713, 718-725, 727, 728, 738, 740, 741, 801) please pay close attention to this message:
Residents in Kern County Mountain Communities near recent burn scars are urged to be alert to the possibility of soil instability (landslides or mudslides) during and after forecasted heavy rains.
• Stay Informed: Sign up for ReadyKern Emergency Notifications.
• Know Your Evacuation Zones: Visit protect.genasys.com
• Monitor Your Property: Inspect for soil erosion.
• Avoid Travel in Affected Areas: Landslides may occur with little to no warning.
• Follow Official Instructions: Adhere to all instructions from local authorities.
If the situation changes, an updated message will be sent. You are encouraged to take action immediately if you feel threatened, even if you have not received another ReadyKern message.
If you have any physical limitations and require assistance related to this notification, please call the Aging and Adult Services hotline at 1 (855) 264-6565.
If you have an emergency or a sudden shift in soil is observed, call 9-1-1. If you have any questions about the content of this message, please contact Kern County Information and Referral Services at 2-1-1.