KERN COUNTY, Calif., In anticipation of the Independence Day Holiday, the Kern County Fire Department would like to provide the following fireworks reminders.
- No Fireworks of any kind are allowed in our mountain communities.
- Approved times for sales and use of fireworks vary depending on the area you live. For a detailed timeline of sale and use dates/times, visit www.youlightitwewriteit.com.
- Do not call 911 to report illegal fireworks. If you observe the sale, use, or storage of illegal fireworks use the Illegal Fireworks Reporter at www.kerncountyfire.org.
- Only use “Safe and Sane” fireworks. Use of fireworks other than “Safe and Sane”, modifying “Safe and Sane” fireworks, or using any type of fireworks in an unsafe manner or outside of approved dates/times is prohibited. If you engage in illegal firework activity or allow illegal firework activity to take place on your property you may be fined $1,500 – $2,500.
- Persons wishing to turn over illegal and/or legal fireworks may do so year-round at any KCFD Fire Station, no questions asked.
As in years past, the Independence Day Holiday is likely to see increased emergency activity. You can be confident the Kern County Fire Department will be fully staffed to respond to this increased emergency activity. Additionally, all ground units are prepared to enforce the Kern County fireworks ordinance and will again receive assistance from Unmanned Aerial Systems.