The National Weather Service is forecasting an impact to Kern County from winter storms between February 21-25. The cold storms are expected to bring high winds, rain to the valley, and significant snowfall to mountain communities. In anticipation of these storms, we encourage all to review the following safety reminders.
- Monitor weather updates.
- Sign up for emergency notifications at readykern.com.
- Prepare for potential power outages.
- Keep non-perishable food, water, blankets, and a flashlight in your home and vehicles.
- Limit unnecessary travel.
- Fill up the tank: Make sure your vehicle has at least a half a tank of fuel.
Your Kern County Fire Department remains on alert and fully staffed. We continue to monitor and respond to the impact of winter storms while working with the National Weather Service and other Kern County departments.